Many of you will have experienced the changes we have introduced to keep you and our team safe from COVID-19. For those of you who we have yet to see let us refresh you on what changes you will experience when we see you next:
Two Business Days before your appointment
- You will be required via TEXT OR EMAIL to complete a full COVID-19 screening questionnaire and consent form. This screening can also be submitted by visiting our website: http://www.uniteherebenefits.ca/dental-centre/
- Please note, that if we DO NOT receive this screening by 1pm the day before you visit we will NOT be able to keep your appointment time.
Upon your arrival at the Dental Centre
- Please wait in the lobby of the building until your scheduled appointment time. Call or text us to let us know that you have arrived.
- Please wear a face mask to the clinic: while you use public transportation; wait in the lobby; ride the elevator etc. We ask that you do this for your safety and that of others around you.
- The clinic will call or text you when we are ready to see you and carry out, your in-person-screening.
- We will be taking your temperature with an infrared, touchless thermometer and your screening will be reviewed once more, as soon as you enter the clinic.
- You may see that our reception area will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are very difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- ONLY scheduled patients will be allowed entry into the clinic.
- Patients must visit the clinic unaccompanied. Parents/guardians and other family members of the patient will be asked to wait outside whenever possible.
- The reception area chairs will be spaced apart to allow for 2 meters or 6 feet of social distancing.
- We will ask that you continue to practice social distancing measures in common areas of the clinic at all times.
- There will be no physical contact with patients with the exception of treatment.
- Note: Any patients showing signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19 illness will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
- Operatories in which aerosol generating procedures will be performed (operatories in which we will use dental drills) will be equipped with high-volume air filtration and purification units. These operatories have been sealed to prevent the contamination of surrounding areas. We follow the CDC guidelines and allow the appropriate fallow time(clearing the air of aerosol) between patients. For that reason, you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- Before, during and after patient care, our team will STRICTLY follow Infection Prevention and Control guidelines set forth by CDC, Public Health of Ontario and our dental governing bodies. This includes sterilization of dental instruments, disinfection of operatories and the use of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- We have added additional measures such as plexiglass or glass panels in all reception/front desk countertops.
Checking Out After Your Appointment
- We will ask you to call us 14 days after your appointment to let us know how you are doing and to report whether you have any signs or symptoms of COVID-19.
- We are proceeding with an abundance of caution, but we want you to feel as confident as we do that any visit you make to our clinic will be a safe one. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our Dental Centres.
We are looking forward to seeing you again soon!
The UNITE HERE Wellness & Dental Centre Team